Which bed and breakfast will welcome you in Touraine ?
Exotic, atypical, inspiring, such could be your next night in the Loire Valley. It will also be restful after a walk in one of the emblematic castles of the Renaissance, surrounded by magnificent gardens, or in the streets of Tours, Chinon, Loches, Amboise…
In a “belle époque” villa
There is no doubt that you will fall under the charm of the 5 guest rooms of Villa Alecya, which is reminiscent of some of the architecture found on the seashore. Initially, it was to be built in a resort town on the coast, before the owners of that time finally opted for a park of 2.5 hectares in the heart of Touraine.
In 2021, the Figaro Magazine has selected this guest house in its list of favorites. Looking at the pictures below, one understands why!
Bed and breakfast in the castle
By opting for the castle of Gizeux, it is a two-in-one formula which is offered to you: a particularly interesting visit, and a night shared under the same roof as the owners of the place. The de Laffon family offers a warm and friendly welcome to all its guests, sharing many anecdotes about this residence on the borders of Anjou and Touraine. Alongside the two guest rooms, a gîte is also available.
A night on the Loire
Between the charming villages of Bréhémont and La Chapelle aux Naux, a romantic hut sways with the Loire. La Toue Reine, the well named. Comfortable, made of light wood and with a cosy decoration, this particularly atypical guest room offers you an incomparable view of the royal river, its golden skies, and the elegant flight of the birds which populate this small paradise. Dinner on the front deck with a glass of Chinon or Bourgueil, lulled by the lapping of the water, is a suspended moment of tranquility, while the sun gradually takes its leave. The next morning, no doubt, it will come knocking at your door to invite you to the spectacle of its rising, just as spectacular.
In the same place, but on the land this time, the owners of the toue also have two perched guest rooms. These tree houses are perfect for a stay close to nature. In short, this is a great place to stop if you plan to travel along the Loire by bike.
6 feet under and “bons vivants”
The banks of the Loire are also hillsides of tuffeau, this soft stone which made it possible to build our famous castles. This exploitation has created strange habitats, the troglodytes, in the heart of the stone. To our great delight, lovers of this typical heritage have created sumptuous residences. The Clos Baudoin, in Vouvray, land of famous vineyards, is one of the most successful testimonies. A vast guest room with a unique charm, it has a chic and refined decoration, with a remarkable sense of detail. This rare experience, as if out of time, extends to the pleasant and very calm terrace, ideal for a serene breakfast.
Bed and breakfast… with swimming pool !
Let’s finish this little overview with the magnificent setting offered by the manor of La Vigneraie. The picture speaks for itself, doesn’t it? 😉
Some nice complementary addresses:
- La Dixmeresse, in the Bourgueil vineyard;
- L’Ange est Rêveur, at the foot of the castle of Langeais;
- Les Hauts de Grillemont, in Cinq-Mars-la-Pile;
- At the Relais Saint Maurice, in Chinon;
- La Closerie Saint Martin and the Basse Chancelée estate, in Ligré;
- The castle of Hodebert, in Saint Paterne Racan;
- The castle of Charnizay, not far from the starred restaurant La Maison Dallais;
- The monastery castle of La Corroirie, in Montrésor, one of the most beautiful villages in France;
- La Closerie Saint Jacques, in Loches;
- The castle of Nazelles, in a beautiful landscape near Amboise;
- The castle of the Barre, in Mosnes;
- The taste of passion and La Dilecta in Amboise;
- The castle of Fontenay, near the castle of Chenonceau;
- Cedar and charm, in Saint-Branch;
- Le Gaimont, in Vouvray;
- Le Petit Villandry, in Villandry;
- The Jules house and the Héraudière, in Tours.