Romantic weekend breaks… enjoy a spa weekend at the château
If you’re looking for a luxury spa hotel, a gourmet restaurant, a tour of one of the Loire Valley châteaux, a wine tasting in one of the tourist wine cellars or even a helicopter flight over the châteaux, then look no further. You’ve found the ideal destination for your surprise romantic weekend break!
Romantic weekend: a spot of pampering at a spa hotel!
For your partner’s birthday or simply to round off the year in style, a romantic weekend on the banks of the Loire in the Loire Valley is bound to be at the top of your wish list. In autumn or winter, what could be better than the enveloping warmth of a hammam or a sauna to share a most pleasant and relaxing moment. Not to mention the jacuzzis, indoor pools, and of course the massages and other treatments.
The hotels below all have the characteristic of offering a spa area, for the well-being of their guests. A small click on the different links could well complete to convince you:
- in and around Tours: Hotel Oceania Univers Tours, Les Trésorières, Loire Valley Lodges, Clarion hôtel Château Belmont, the Château d’Artigny, the Château de Beaulieu, the Art Hôtel, Mercure Tours Sud…
- in and around Amboise: Au charme Rabelaisien, the Aubinière, the Domaine des Thomeaux…
- in Loches: Best Western Plus Hotel de la Cité Royale, the Luccotel. In this pretty medieval city, note also the presence of the Bath-Showers, but also a few kilometers from a Russian sauna: Bania Babouchka.
Bed and breakfast for your well-being
Alongside the hotels, other beautiful addresses invite you to relax. This is the case of the Relais du Plessis residence, near Richelieu, of the Huttopia village in Rillé, but also of some guest houses:
- Villa Alecya in Sainte-Catherine de Fierbois (suite with spa and sauna);
- the Domaine de la Roche Bellin in Descartes (Nordic bath or private jacuzzi);
- les portes de l’Orient in Tours (hammam, jacuzzi, treatments);
- the château de la Barre, in Mosnes (overflow spa, sauna, rest area);
- Nazelles castle near Amboise (Nordic bath and sauna);
- Les quatre saisons, in Antogny-le-Tillac (hydromassage spa)
- Yourte and spa, in Chisseaux (spa, sauna, hammam);
- le domaine de basse Chancelée in Ligré (private spas);
- the perched cabins of La Batelière sur Loire, at La Chapelle-aux-Naux (jacuzzi and sauna).
- La Rochelière in Vouvray (sauna).
Great ideas for outings during your romantic weekend
Stroll hand in hand through the grounds of a Loire château before taking a tour of these tufa stone giants and treating yourselves to a wonderful slice of French history. And to prolong the magic, why not pull out all the stops with a helicopter flight (Air Touraine, Héliberté…)? After all, you only live once!
And to round off your spa weekend at the château, remember that some of the wine estates are open on Sundays and are well worth a visit (Pierre and Bertrand Couly, the Château de l’Aulée, the David et Nathalie Drussé estate, the Montlouis-sur-Loire producers’ cellar, the Vouvray cellar, Plou et fils, etc.). As well as discovering the wine-making know-how, you’ll be able to buy a few lovely vintages to enjoy at home (in moderation, of course) which will bring back wonderful memories of your romantic break.