With its remarkable medieval houses, the village of La Haye-Descartes was renamed Descartes in 1967 in honour of the philosopher who was born there in 1596.
The house where René Descartes was born has been transformed into a pleasant museum whose rich scenography evokes the life and work of the father of modern philosophy. It also provides a historical and cultural panorama of the 17th century.
"Musée de France", "Maison des Illustres" and "Maison d'écrivain".
Comfort / services
|Lundi||14h00 à 18h00|
|Mercredi||14h00 à 18h00|
|Jeudi||14h00 à 18h00|
|Vendredi||14h00 à 18h00|
|Samedi||14h00 à 18h00|
|Dimanche||14h00 à 18h00|
Extra reception info
protocole sanitaire en vigueur
- Full adult price : 5,00 €
- Group rate : 4,00 € - + 10 pers.
- Annual subscription pass : 20,00 € - 5 entrées
- Audioguide extra charge : 3,00 €
- Guided tour extra charge : 3,00 €
- Free rate : - 18 ans, étudiants, accompagnateur handicapés, groupes Jeunes