With its remarkable medieval houses, the village of La Haye-Descartes was renamed Descartes in 1967 in honour of the philosopher who was born there in 1596.
The house where René Descartes was born has been transformed into a pleasant museum whose rich scenography evokes the life and work of the father of modern philosophy. It also provides a historical and cultural panorama of the 17th century.
"Musée de France", "Maison des Illustres" and "Maison d'écrivain".
Comfort / services
Ouverture du 06 May 2024 au 30 June 2024
Ouverture du 01 July 2024 au 01 September 2024
Ouverture du 02 September 2024 au 31 October 2024Informations non communiquées
- Full adult price : 5,50 € - Pour exposition permanente + temporaire
- Discount rate : 3,00 € - Étudiant, PMR + 1 accompagnateur, Minima sociaux
- Group rate : 4,00 € - 10 personnes minimum
- Other rates : 2,00 € - Exposition temporaire
- Other rates : 3,00 € - Animations / ateliers
- Free rate : - 18 ans