The Montbazon Fortress, stronghold of the terrifying Count of Anjou, Fulk III, the Black, looks down on the Indre valley and the town from its rocky spur.
Right at the heart of the Loire châteaux, this is one of France's oldest military structures. It includes one of France's oldest castle keeps, with a history stretching from the late 10th to the 15th century.
Along with a highly immersive guided tour, the Montbazon Fortress is a chance for visitors to find out more about medieval trades during short scenes and demonstrations, with war machines in action, combat masters, stone carvers, weavers, herbalist and calligraphers.
The activities are designed for all the family. After trying out a wide range of medieval games, children will have fully earned their castle knight diploma. There is also a tavern serving fouée bread, pancakes and other tasty treats!
For cycling visitors, the Montbazon Fortress is an essential stage on the Indre à Vélo bike trail.
Rating / Labels
- Accueil Vélo site de visite et de loisirs
- Ambassadeur Val de Loire
Comfort / services
- Full adult price : 12,00 € - ateliers + visite animée journée
- Group rate : 10,00 € - à partir de 20 personnes. Ateliers + visite animée journée
- Child rate : 5 -12 ans - Ateliers et visite animée journée
- Discount rate : étudiant, dem. emploi, personne en situation de handicap. Ateliers + visite animée journée
- Free rate : - 5 ans