Enfolded by the arms of the River Indre, the Château de l'Islette was the scene of the passionate love affair between Rodin and Camille Claudel. Claudel sculpted "La Petite Châtelaine" here. There is a bronze reproduction on display in the château.
The Renaissance château was completed in about 1530. It is made up of a long, rectangular main building, flanked by two impressive towers and crowned by a rampart walk with machicolations. The Main Room and chapel feature remarkable pictorial decorations.
Walk through these living spaces and rooms where the owners currently reside and see the interior decoration of a 21st century Loire château combining history and modernity.
Rowing boats to rent, picnics at the riverside, the chance for children to borrow knights' and princesses' costumes, a play area, deckchairs and shop.
Rating / Labels
- Accueil Vélo site de visite et de loisirs
Comfort / services
- Full adult price : 9,80 €
- Group rate : 8,30 € - À partir de 15 pers.
- Discount rate : 6,30 € - 8/18 ans et étudiants - 25 ans
- Annual subscription pass : 23,00 €
- : 29,20 € - 2 parents + 2 enfants
- Free rate : 0,00 € - - 8 ans, chauffeur et accompagnateur professionnel
- Guided tour extra charge : 50,00 € - forfait pour groupe (en français)