Enclosed by the arms of the Indre river, the castle of L'Islette sheltered the passionate loves of Auguste Rodin and Camille Claudel. The latter sculpted there La Petite Châtelaine of which you can admire a bronze.
Completed around 1530, this Renaissance castle is composed of a long rectangular main building, flanked by two imposing towers, crowned by a covered way on machicolation. Its Great Hall and its chapel offer a remarkable pictorial decoration.
Place of life, browse through the rooms currently inhabited by the owners and discover the layout of a castle of the Loire Valley in the 21st century, combining history and modernity.
Boat rental, picnic by the river, loan of knights' and princesses' disguises to children, playground, deckchairs, store.
Rating / Labels
- Accueil Vélo site de visite et de loisirs
Comfort / services
- Full adult price : 9,80 €
- Group rate : 8,30 € - À partir de 15 pers.
- Discount rate : 6,30 € - 8/18 ans et étudiants - 25 ans
- Annual subscription pass : 23,00 €
- : 29,20 € - 2 parents + 2 enfants
- Free rate : 0,00 € - - 8 ans, chauffeur et accompagnateur professionnel
- Guided tour extra charge : 50,00 € - forfait pour groupe (en français)