Nicknamed the "Château des Dames", the castle of Chenonceau is one of the most majestic castles of the Loire Valley. Cherished by Diane de Poitiers and the queen Catherine de Medici, it is the perfect embodiment of the elegance of the Renaissance castles built in the Loire Valley in the 16th century.
The arches of Chenonceau support a bridge with a double gallery, and span the Cher river with grace. Throughout the richly furnished rooms (the kitchen, the bedrooms of Louise de Lorraine and Gabrielle d'Estrées, Henri IV's favourite, the Medici gallery, the François 1er lounge, the bedroom of the five queens...), an iPod tells the story of precious pieces of French history. In the estate's park, tour the gardens of Diane and Catherine, the Russel Page garden, and the vegetable garden of flowers. In France, the Château de Chenonceau is the only one in France to have a floral workshop, where Jean-François Bouchet and his team compose superb bouquets for each room. In everyone's opinion, they are worth the trip alone!
In the green garden, the gastronomic cuisine of chef Christophe Canati delights the taste buds at the Orangerie, the castle's restaurant (ideal for a seminar, a wedding meal...). A little further on, the dome cellar lends itself perfectly to the tasting of Touraine-Chenonceaux AOC wines, while the carriage gallery houses a small museum of horse-drawn vehicles.
Exceptional by its architecture and spearhead of tourism in Touraine, the castle of Chenonceau is one of the most visited in France. Carried by positive reviews, it attracts travellers from all over the world to the small village of Chenonceaux, whose name is spelled with an "x". The visit of the castle of Chenonceau is available in 11 languages on with a guide available on the App Store.
From your home and before you come, you can stroll through the gardens of the Château de Chenonceau using Google Street View.
By car: 20 minutes from Amboise, 40 minutes from Tours, 60 minutes from Chambord, 2h30 from Paris.
Rating / Labels
- Jardin remarquable
- 500 ans RenaissanceS
- Démarche d'excellence grands sites
- Parcs et Jardins en région Centre
Comfort / services
Open from 01/09/2020 to 27/09/2020
- Lundi : from 10h00 to 18h00
- Mardi : from 10h00 to 18h00
- Mercredi : from 10h00 to 18h00
- Jeudi : from 10h00 to 18h00
- Vendredi : from 10h00 to 18h00
- Samedi : from 10h00 to 18h00
- Dimanche : from 10h00 to 18h00
Open from 28/09/2020 to 01/11/2020
- Lundi : from 09h00 to 17h30
- Mardi : from 09h00 to 17h30
- Mercredi : from 09h00 to 17h30
- Jeudi : from 09h00 to 17h30
- Vendredi : from 09h00 to 17h30
- Samedi : from 09h00 to 17h30
- Dimanche : from 09h00 to 17h30
Extra reception info
Pas de location d'audio-guides actuellement
- Full adult price : from 15,00 € to 19,00 € - With or without audioguide
- Child rate : from 12,00 € to 15,50 € - With or without audioguide
- Group rate : from 12,00 € to 15,50 € - 20 pers. mini. Visit with leaflet or audioguide
- Discount rate : from 12,00 € to 15,50 € - Etudiants de 18 à 27 ans, sur présentation de leur carte
- : from 9,50 € to 13,50 € - à partir de 3 enfants (de 7 à 18 ans)
- Free rate : moins de 7 ans, personnes handicapées, journaliste