Sound and light shows in Loire Valley
Each summer, the major chateaux of the Loire Valley put on evening shows. From early June through end August, sound and light shows illuminate the summer evenings.
A Loire Valley must-see: sound and light shows
Contemporary creations or historical depictions, these sound and light shows provide insight into another aspect of the grand castles with subtle light effects that highlight the architecture.
- Amboise and its new show "the Prophecy of Amboise", with fantastic projections on the walls;
- Chenonceau, with night walks and a wine tasting reception under the stars;
- Villandry, and its nights of thousand lights;
- Semblançay, played with numerous extras who will make you dive into french history;
- Montbazon, and its lively nights of the fortress;
- and also Montrésor and its 'solar nights' (one of the most beautiful villages in France).
Also read on Loire Chateaux
From the beginning of December to the beginning of January, five great châteaux of the Loire Valleyget into the festive spirit with special tours and events: it’s “Christmas in the land of châteaux©“! A perfect opportunity for you and your family to discover a unique he (...)
In a class of its own, Loire Valley is dotted with elegant stone giants: the Loire chateaux. The landscape here is dominated by their majestic silhouettes: concentrated over an area of less than 100km, Touraine is home to some of the grandest Loire Valley castles.
The E.U. supports tourist sites’ Quality approach